tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Saturday, September 20, 2008

At the End of the Days

Top 10 sporting cliches I've heard in my many, many interviews

1) "We gave it all we had and you can't ask for much more from the boys, they were fantastic."

2) "We're not focused on the result, we're just focused on what we did right, and what we need to work on for next week."

3) "You can argue all you want about what went wrong in the third quarter, but at the end of the day we've got the win, and that's all you hope for."

4) "We've got a good young group and if we can keep them together we can go a long way."

5) "I think the message from today is that if we work hard, we've definitely got something to build on for next year."

6) "There were too many passengers today, and that cost us."

7) "That decision hurt us, but you take the good with the bad, and the reality is we should have won it if we'd played like we were supposed to."

8) "We'll have a good hard look at the team for next week, because we've obviously got some issues that need to be addressed."

9) "No doubts about it, that was a big result for us."

10) "It's the old cliche, we're taking it one week at a time."

I won my soccer cup final today with my team, and I actually got interviewed after the match! It was a bit surreal. Thankfully my vast experience with footballers came in handy and I trotted out some of the best cliches about the win, what it means for the club, and how we can build on it for next year :) It was great! When Walter puts his report online (with pics!) I'll link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger