tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Orwell vs Huxley...round one... FIGHT!

I've had a bit of a break from trying to read books, although not from a small lack of trying. I mainly haven't been able to find a copy of Slaughterhouse Five. I can get it ordered in from somewhere, but I can never be bothered. I'll get round to it soon.

This cartoon, about the differences between Orwell and Huxley's views of the future, was very interesting. It's done by an Australian bloke. If you haven't read Brave New World, get on it. I wish I'd read it years ago. It's fairly short, easy to understand, and easy to get into. Perhaps not the best bed-time reading for your littlest sibling (a friend of mine did this... the ending was slightly different to the usual fairytales they heard), but a great read.

So next on the list:
Slaughterhouse Five (hopefully!)
Catch 22
Ender's Game

Links!!!
- For those who didn't see this on Facebook, Elvis Presley singing American Trilogy. If your skin doesn't tingle, you are medically dead (probably).

- Eric Bana tries to teach Jimmy Fallon a little bit about Australian Rules football.
- Common and McLovin' remake Training Day.
- Obama would have my vote if he pulled this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger