tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Monday, August 10, 2009

Batting

I loved this quote from The Guardian about the impact of Ponting's 78 during the last Test:
From then on he was merciless, hooking and cutting the attack to ribbons. It was a counterattack of the most thrilling kind and it took an exceptional player, knowing the risks, assessing the situation, and having the skill, confidence and sheer presence, to carry it out. By the time Stuart Broad pitched one up and had him lbw, the game was done.
It was fantastic fun to watch. Seeing Ponting in full flow is one of best things you can see in cricket. When he is on, no team in the world can stop him. I remember a couple of years ago when he decided to take his batting to another level, and the only times he got out was when he made a silly error, usually about 150 runs into his innings. And the opposition team would celebrate like maniacs, because they realised they'd just got out the best batsman in the world. I love it when someone idiot captain gets it into his head that Ponting might not like short pitched bowling. Oh oh oh.... I love it. Watching him smash boundary after boundary, six after six, while the captain tries to stack his leg-side field... it was beautiful.

Other things:
- I love this version of Supernova featuring Mr Hudson and a string quartet. Really beautiful.
- Why can't our sport reporters look like Sara Carbonero????? Those dastardly Spaniards!
I might not understand what she's saying, but her Spanish accent is lovely. Awww, she's pretty.

- And I spotted another one of those evil, evil Evony game ads that I talked about the other day. This one is even more ridiculous:
I mean, it has NOTHING to do with the game. I apologise if that pic is not safe for your work. This is the end of the post anyway, so you can leave this page now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger