tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Recommended

There is some atrocious fictional account of Tony Blair being put on trial for war crimes in the Hague on ABC at the moment. It is truly bad. I just found it on IMDb - it's called The Trial of Tony Blair. And it is ridiculous. Not just because the plot (an anti-war protester's wet dream) is science-fiction, but also because Blair apparently doesn't understand basic things about life or politics or living. I completely do not recommend it. I un-commend it. I dis-commend. It is apparently a "dark satire". More of a "dark sa-turd", in my opinion.

Something I do recommend is Dr Harry's last couple of posts. Take this one about the greenies digging themselves into holes to stop logging in the Upper Florentine.
If, as an Australian, I believe that a law is unjust, than I have two main choices. I can either obey the law and whinge and complain about it. This is not a moral choice, as it does nothing to improve the strength of our community or make things better.

Alternatively, I can disobey the unjust law, but, most importantly, I need to accept the consequences for my actions. I am breaking the law, which I believe to be unjust, and will receive the unjust punishment to show that I am a law abiding citizen.

...I can respect someone who cares enough about a situation to risk arrest and imprisonment to try and effect change, no matter what it is they're trying to achieve.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you can't respect them.
Very interesting. And in this post he gives us in Hobart a good idea of what it would be like to live in Israel while under attack from Palestine.
Suppose the citizens of Clarendonvale elected to government a party that had as its stated aims the complete destruction of the city of Hobart, including the death of all its residents and the assimilation of its land area into a state that incorporated bogans and housing commission residents from all over Tasmania, no matter where they lived. This would include areas that the bogans had resided in years before but hadn't called home for a long time, potentially even two or three generations.

...

And when it comes to that, you have to respect Hamas. They might be a bunch of murderous fanatics, but at least they say what they think. They're not saying one thing and doing another, or saying one thing in Arabic and another in English, like most of the Arab states. They know what they want and they say it loud and proud.

Like them? No. Agree with them? Never. Respect them? Yes, I respect them, albeit grudgingly.
Another interesting one. Anyway, something to read.
And check out this site where a guy has done cool remakes of movie posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger