tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Moofies

Not that I've finished Brave New World (I'm reading it in fits and spurts at the lady's house), but I liked what one of the forewords said. It quoted Huxley as saying he wanted to find the perfect balance between essay and novel. I like that. He wanted to use the medium of a novel to make arguments like an essay. I think it's a very powerful tool. A number of other books do the same thing, with 1984 and Animal Farm being very famous examples.

These days people trying to get a message across tend to use film. We've had anti-racism films, anti- and pro-war films, anti-big government films...

What are some of your favourite message films? I like Lord of War and The Dark Knight. They're two that spring to mind. Eagle Eye was a recent example of one (not that it was especially great). Anyone got any others?

Also, an interesting article on why Christian films are so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger