tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daytime TV

Having seen a few bits and pieces of The View now, I can see why people like it, and why lots of other people hate it.Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd, Barbara Walters and Elisabeth Hasselbeck are the current panel members.

Whoopi is the moderator, a slightly less shrill voice among the group. Barbara is the oldest, the sharpest, most intelligent, and probably slightly Democrat leaning. Elisabeth is the youngest one, and definitely Republican. Joy is a shrill, loud, New York Jewish comedienne (actually I probably didn't need to say "shrill" or "loud" - let's just leave it at 'New York Jewish comedienne') who is a hard-core Democrat. Sherri is a friendly black woman who had a very tough upbringing and seems to lean conservative, but also Democrat (I guess since she's African-American). She's also Tracy Jordan's wife on 30 Rock.

I don't think I could watch much of The View for very long. Behar annoys me beyond words. I think it's the wilful self-righteousness? I'm not sure. The others I'm pretty good with. Sherri is my favourite, partly because of her 30 Rock connection, and partly because she doesn't take herself as seriously as the others.

Elisabeth was famously discussed on Shaun's old Stuphthis website, with the thread entitled "I think Elizabeth is the hottest survivor chick". Sambaby started the discussion, and it went on for a while. Amber (of Boston Rob and Amber fame) was actually voted Hottest Survivor Chick in a poll on the show.

They get people on the show and ask them extremely personal questions, and then follow them up with even more personal questions. It doesn't sound fun. Any hint of anything slightly political turns into a shout fest, with Behar and Hasselbeck trading blows. Occasionally Whoopi will say something funny, and Sherri does her best to lighten the mood. So yes, I have a slight TV crush on Sherri. Just like I do on Chuck Bass, Barney Stinson, Blair Waldorf, Agent Booth (from Bones), Jack Donaghy, Liz Lemon, Joshua Jackson, Sharon Valeri AKA Boomer and Sarah Walker. (Heh, those last two pictures are in almost the same pose. Nice guns!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger