tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shatner is the biz!

Your perception of someone colours your reaction to news about them.

For instance

Headline: 'Michael Jackson takes group of schoolchildren to play with monkeys in zoo'
My reaction: "Ewwww!!!"

Headline: 'William Shatner takes group of schoolchildren to play with monkeys in zoo'
My reaction: "Awesome! Shatner is the biz!"

There are some celebrities I will dislike no matter what they do. There are also some celebrities I will like regardless of what they do.
Ryan Reynolds
Is awesome! He hasn't made a great movie in like, ever, and 'Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place' ended in 2001. But I think he's tops! And he married Scarlett Johannson!!! What a dude!
Will Smith
Will Smif!!! WILL SMITH!!! "Aww hell, you did NOT just do that!" Seriously, put a group of guys in a room with a Will Smith film and you will find a bunch of happy guys. Sure, there are all the gay rumours, and his wife is a bit of a tough-ass broad, and he spends a lot of time hanging round with Scientologists, but hey... it's Will Smith! The Fresh Prince! Punching aliens in the face! Here come the Men in Black! Getting jiggy wit' it! Bad boys, bad boys watcha gonna do? Hitch!! Will SMIF!!
Lindsay Lohan
Awww, Lindsay. Things have been tough for you. You grew up in the public eye, doing heaps of things that millions of other teenage girls do and get away with. You got your mistakes splashed across the world. You were awesome in Mean Girls. What can I say? I still think you're tops. Despite hooking up with the skankiest man in history (aka Brandon Davis), all the drugs and drunken nightclub staggering, I still think you're awesome. I'm glad you've settled down with someone you love who appears to be helping you stay stable.
David Beckham
So yes, you most likely cheated on your wife with Rebecca Loos. And you wear ridiculous outfits sometimes. But people underrate your footballing ability. You are a goalscorer, the best passer of a football I think I've ever seen, and a key part of Manchester United's success in the 90s and 2000s. And I'm envious of your ability to wear black people's clothes and look cool.
Mariah Carey
Yes, you dress inappropriately for your age. And yes, your obession with being a sexy hip-hop star does not play to your vocal strengths at all. And yes, you probably shouldn't have jumped into marriage with Nick Cannon. And yes... I still think you're awesome. A combination of 'Hero', the Christmas album (highest selling Christmas album of all time), 'We Belong Together' and me being in grade eight and you being rather gorgeous has all combined to mean one thing. In the (rather embarrassing) words of a friend of mine "I really like you."

Which celebrities do you like, despite all their flaws? And I challenge anyone to find a picture of Mariah Carey on the internet that isn't at least 98 per cent cleavage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger