tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gill goals

I stumbled across some of the W-League women's soccer on ABC this afternoon. I was a bit surprised. It was really good. I don't mind women's team sports at all, but I haven't always enjoyed them as sporting contests. Some women's sports I enjoy, like hockey, netball or basketball, but not many others. Soccer was not one of them.

Until today.

I watched Sydney FC batter Newcastle's goal with some great play, with Newcastle's goalkeeper making some great saves. Then Newcastle went down the other end, linked up well and put the ball to the feet of powerful striker Katie Gill. Her first touch was perfect, and it set her up for a strong dipping shot that whistled over the keeper and hit the net. It was a great goal. Any striker, male or female, would have been stoked with it. A little while later, Gill ran onto a throughball and used her superior strength to muscle past a defender and slot home with her toe. Two goals, and a solid 2-0 win for Newcastle.

There was some great skill from the other players, some strong tackling, and good teamwork. I really enjoyed watching it as a good game of soccer. Count me as a fan of Newcastle and Katie Gill's impressive skills. She is a tall, powerful, skillful, mobile target man (well, woman, but whatever - she plays the 'target man' role). I hope the team does well.

I was going to post a picture of her, but this post isn't about what she looks like, it's about how well she can play. However, she is pretty, and if you want to see what she looks like, click here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger