tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A post about happiness

Acceptance leads to happiness. In general. Not in every specific case, but generally that's correct.

It can be something small, like accepting that you like something and not being ashamed about it. It can be something huge, like accepting you're never going to achieve your dream and should refocus your life on something else.

I think a lot of problems in people's lives and relationships are caused by unacknowledged desires within their hearts. Desires they don't admit to, even to themselves, but subconsciously work to achieve. Ideas planted deep in their hearts, laying dormant. Things like "I want to have kids before I'm 30" or "I have to travel" or "I refuse to be tied down". They can be darker than that too - "I refuse to open myself up to anyone again" or "I must avoid embarrassment at all costs".

These desires cause problems for someone when they don't match up with their expressed desires. "I'm happy to wait to have kids". "Travel will always be there in the future". "I do want to marry you".

When the unacknowledged desires are in conflict with your expressed desires, you are in lots of trouble. You might feel like you don't know why you're unhappy about an issue. Something is nagging at you. It's then you need to do some real self-examination and figure out what you really want. Perhaps a desire in your heart is a good one. Perhaps it's bad. Perhaps it's neither good nor bad; it just is. Once you identify it, you can deal with it. Accept it or reject it.

And move on.

The more you can accept about yourself, the happier you generally are. Some things you can change. Other things you can't. Work on the things you can change. Accept, and work around, the things you can't.



That's my advice for the day! Don't worry, I'm not stressed or depressed etc! I've just been thinking about that sort of thing for a while, and it helps to get it written out and straight. To cheer you up, here's a hilarious site: Bad paintings of Barack Obama. They are truly hideous (click on the pic to refresh for more!). My favourite is this one.
Heh heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger