tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ask Geeves

Brett Geeves. Tasmanian Sheffield Shield bowler. Australian back-up Test bowler. Excellent blogger.

Seriously, check out his entries on the Tas Cricket website:

There's this one talking about the Allan Border Medal night and how he was stranded on 99* thanks to a teammate playing a dumb shot.
I once cried in the toilets of the Newcastle No.1 Sports Ground while my team mates did their best no to pee their pants with laughter. Why was I crying? Macdonald had a vision that for one ball that his skin colour changed, he was using a V600, wearing a white floppy hat and gold bangles around his wrist and neck. That’s right, for one ball Macdonald's name changed to Richie Richardson. Because of this vision, Macdonald thought he had the ability to play a square drive on one knee through extra cover..
And there's the latest one, about his callup to go to South Africa as a backup bowler:
The cricketing gods are smiling upon me. You can guess what I’m about to tell you… I finally have a NBA League Pass!! That’s right cricket fans, I can watch eight games of NBA live everyday of the week. If I don't see them live, don't fret dear readers. No need for panic. I can select any game and watch the replay whenever I want within 48 hours! Can you believe that? It’s possibly the most amazing thing that’s ever happened to me. Last night I watched a replay of the Dallas Mavericks overtime win against a depleted Oklahoma City as I packed my suitcase to go to South Africa to join the Test Squad...
Heh, anyway, it's good. He seems like a great bloke. He also praises Darren Lehmann and the Tassie cricketers for being bogans at the Allan Border Medal, as well as chiding Ben Hilfenhaus for forgetting his bogan roots.

Here's hoping he gets a chance to play in South Africa at some stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger