tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Rise of TMI

I love me some Facebook. I don't use Twitter, but I know that a lot of people do. So don't get me wrong here.

I think sometimes people share Too Much Information. For instance, these are some examples from my news feed (names changed to protect the not-so-innocent):

- "Elise took the 'What Type of Sexual Goddess Are You?' quiz and the result was 'Your a Complete Nympho!"
- "Darren took the 'Which Deadly Sin Are You?' quiz and the result was 'Lust'!"
- Two of your friends joined the group "F*** Off, We're Full!"

Do I want to know that old school acquaintances have a favourite sexual position? To be honest? NOT REALLY. And do I want to know that a couple of my friends have joined a racist group on Facebook? Well, that I kind of like to know, just so I know what to expect from them. And also to judge them ;) But really, it's not the kind of information they really need to be sharing.

I hide the quizzes as they come up, and occasionally I hide people (when they get too ridiculous with the quizzes), but still...

One thing I do enjoy, however, is seeing which friends join which political groups on Facebook. The Kevin Rudd Love groups, the Senator Eric Abetz Appreciation Society, the We Love Bob Brown! groups. I find that with the Labor and Green supporters it's usually pretty easy to pick, or is not a shock when you find out. The Libs on the other hand, now they're tougher to crack. You never know when someone is going to declare themselves a Liberal supporter.

It's a fun game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger