tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Christmas House Tour - Part 1

Yesterday I promised some "Christmasey" entries on Late to the Party and last week I promised to share some of my decorating efforts.  I TRY to keep all my promises, even though I am not always successful.  With that in mind,  today I will open the door to my home and share the Christmas spirit that lives here.  AND....since Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is having a blog link party showcasing mantels, I thought I would join in the fun! If you have time, go to the link above at Layla's blog and see all the beautiful and cute ways that others have decorated their own mantels!

 

The nutcrackers have been collected mainly over the past 10 or 12 years, even though the very first one I got in 1973!  Some have been gifts, some have been purchased by me for me, some have been yard sale finds.  I love them all!  Big, small, skinny, fat.



The little red birds scattered thoughout the garland are vintage rescued from Goodwill.  They have found quite a home in the greenery and are very well-behaved, although I cannot attest to what they may do when I am not home! The white and gold skinny nativity set was a much wished for gift from my daughter.  I love my mantel! Other than the tree in the nearby corner, it is the focal point of my great room and looks so warm and inviting.  


Soon I will post another room or collection!  Maybe the hearth will be next to complete the fireplace. Hope you will enjoy the tour and feel a little bit of Christmas spirit when you come to visit the blog!  You can never have enough Christmas, that's what I always say!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger