tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Things to miss

Things I miss about Launceston

1) Burger Got Soul.
2) The $20 haircut from the snooker supply store/barbershop on York St.
3) Going home/nextdoor to watch NBA during my lunch break.
4) Living an 80-second walk from the cinema - and 60 seconds from my front door to my desk at work.
5) Burger Got Soul (sooooooo good, it had to be here twice. I miss it that much.)

Things I WON'T miss about the Midland Hwy.

1) Spending money on petrol all the damn time.
2) The fact that BP stopped selling Lemon V, so I always had to make an extra stop to get a Red Eye Platinum (a big issue, I know).
3) Listening to the same old music again and again.
4) Drivers who cannot maintain a consistent speed. If you're doing 80km/h in a 110km/h zone - that's fine. Just don't speed up to 125km/h when an overtaking lane approaches. If you can't maintain a consistent speed, I question your suitability for highway driving.
5) The freaking road works near Brighton.

I want to start a Facebook page - Bring Burger Got Soul to Hobart. If you ever go to Launceston, you have to visit BGS. Get the Ali G on Turkish bread. Pan-fried chicken with sun-dried tomato, pesto, lettuce, tomato and soul mayo... Or get one of the awesome beef burgers, like Original Sin or the Tassie Tempter. If you're a vegetarian, try the Salsa Burger. And get the chips with relish on the side. But make sure you're hungry. Otherwise you will not be able to finish your burger. I'm serious.

It really is the biz. It's on Charles Street, just down from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger