tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If books could kill...

I just remembered a series of books I used to read when I was a kid. They were about time travel, where soldiers from the future would travel back in time and fight in wars, to settle disputes far into the future. Yes, the concept doesn't really make much sense. But anyway.Thanks to Google, I had found out the books were called the TimeWars series, and they were a fair bit of fun when I was a kid. They followed some Time Commandos who had to stop rogue elements from the future from destroying the timeline. It was a bit ridiculous. But fun.

Some other books I read as a kid included the Just William series, the Malory Towers books (so what if they were aimed at girls??), and the Hardy Boys books (didn't everyone?). I also read Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series, and his Deathworld books (Deathworld 2 was my favourite).

I also finished reading Brave New World yesterday. It ends appropriately. The final chapters lean more towards expository essay than novel, but it's fine. The ideas Huxley packs into the book makes it a great read regardless. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger