tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

DOAX2 Get


The game has been getting hammered by reviews, but of course there’s no way that would deter me from picking up the game. Despite the poor scores for Rumble Roses XX, I still greatly enjoyed the game. That said, my expectations have been greatly lowered.

Impressions soon.

Update part 1
Played through one full vacation last night. I heard the first time through, you are forced to partner with Lisa, so decided Tina would be the best choice. I’m liking the new bikinis I’ve seen. Volleyball seems much tougher, but thankfully you can make a lot of money with the jet skis. The revamped poker is much better too.

I spent way too much time spamming the slot machines. In the last game, most of the machines that didn’t take away money would eventually triple (or more) your money if you did it long enough. This was achieved by using a rubber band or similar item to keep the A button pressed down. Walk away for an hour and check your total. You definitely want to check every now and then to make sure you didn’t accidentally go broke.

It looks like it still works sorta, but I didn’t do it for an hour. Only two, half-hour stretches, which is actually not nearly long enough for real gains. I got impatient and wanted to get back to actually playing the game and will try this out much later when I embark on more ambitious bikini buying sprees.

I only have the basic camera and it works pretty good. The advanced camera is very expensive, so it wouldn’t really interest me until I got a good collection of outfits anyway.

I can totally see the faults the reviews point out. Had I not come into the game prepared, the disappointment could have overwhelmed me too. At this point, I’m still quite happy with the game. To be continued.

Update Part 2
Started my next vacation with Kasumi. I didn’t choose a guide, so the game gave me the option to start off with Tina. I forgot to mention during my first time through as Tina that Lisa abandoned me. It started with a random gift she didn’t like and it probably didn’t help that I stopped playing volleyball and stuck to the jet skis.

Anyway, I’m at day 6 and the Kasumi/Tina team is still going strong. Kasumi’s outfits tend towards the demure, although there are some naughty lingerie items. She also has a few school girl outfits as well. I gave Tina a bikini she didn’t like (a white lacey number) and only won her back by giving her a prototype Xbox and cherry pie. Tina ended up giving Kasumi back the bikini, which is a ton better than throwing it away outright.

Update 3
(I’m posting update 3 and 4 at the same time because I didn’t have internet access this weeked) Finished off my vacation with Kasumi. Overall, I really liked her outfit selection. Started my next game with Christie. Ayane was the character available for initial partnership, I declined. Figured it would take a lot of time to make these two like each other, so it was going to be about solo jet skis and gambling.

Christie has the famous “pearl-like” bikini and it comes in three colors; black, white, and gold. I went with gold. Her other bikinis are kind of blah actually. She also has the bunny outfits, but they are just ok. I experimented with the Christie slot machine with mixed results. High risk, but also high pay out. I busted more than I earned over the vacation though.

The stores change inventory three times a day now, so I checked-in to buy gifts for Christie’s next vacation. There were a ton of Kasumi items in stock, which means I’ll try to partner with her the next time I play with Christie. It’s going to be hard to get Kasumi to wear the pearl one probably. I may try to play as Kasumi first and get friendly with Christie to hopefully keep the good vibes going between them.

Update 4
My fourth vacation featured Helena. Kokoro was the default partner and they seem to get along ok. Helena’s premiere bikini is the sea shell one. I’ve seen two color variations so far although I’m sure there is probably at least one more. She also has some nice skirt outfits. A better overall selection than Christie. I’m only at day three, but already decided to play only enough to buy maybe two or three bikinis for Helena then move on to another character.

I’m wondering if there are costumes that don’t appear in a girl’s first vacation.

After I play at least a few days with every girl, I’ll start concentrating on one single collection. I’m not sure who that will be yet though. I'll also try to unlock pole dancing. It's crazy how long the scene is compared to other gravure, like 5 times as long.

Update 5 (Final one for this post)
After finishing Helena’s vacation, I did really quick 2-day runs with Hitomi, Kokoro, and Leifang just to check out their outfit selection. These three have the most tame wardrobea so far, but that’s not a bad thing. There are some really adorable outfits to choose from, although it’s a bit weird that Leifang’s full China dress costs a million zacks. I mean, it’s very nice looking, but just oddly priced. After I finish Kokoro at day two, I’ll move on to Ayane and finally Lisa. I expect to spend a lot more time with these two to set up later gift exchanges.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hitomi is the only character that automatically comes with the super fancy camera, so I need to go check that out to see if it’s really worth 2 million zacks.

The next update will probably not be about DOAX2, but expect a fuller report after that or the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger