tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Costume Game Mega Preview!


There’s quite a lot of games I’ve been keeping an eye on, but for now, let's concentrate on titles coming to stores between next week (August 22nd) and the end of September. The % of GET! indicates how likely I am to buy the game.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
It’s from Capcom and it’s like Final Fight in 3D. You might be thinking, isn’t there an actual Final Fight in 3D coming soon from Capcom? The answer is yes, yes there is, and no, I don’t know why they have this somewhat generic looking one coming out too. Still, I want to check it out and investigate any costume possibilities. At the very least, there’s a Nina look-a-like with lace gloves in it. Lace gloves.
90% chance of GET!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Urban Reign
What...the…hell? It's like Deja Vu. It's the early 90s all over again, when everyone was trying to make the next best sidescrolling beat-em-up. That is, until software companies jumped on the hotter one-on-one fighting genre. That Namco and Capcom would be releasing similar “street” brawlers in the same month strikes me as very nostalgic. It’s even sort of hard to tell them apart. I do know that Urban Reign, the Namco one, has at least two hidden, but playable Tekken characters. If I were a betting man, my money would be on Beat Down, the Capcom one, to have more costume unlocking goodness. Hey prove me wrong Urban Reign.
35% chance of GET!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
GameBoy Micro
It’s not a game, but it does come with three faceplates…most of them tacky looking. Really, if you’re trying to get me to cough up $99, you can do better than a flower with a ladybug on it.
50% chance of GET!

Ninja Gaiden Black
Features all but one of Ryu’s costumes from the original game and one new one. What we really need are new outfits for Ayane and Rachel.
80% chance of GET!

Kingdoms Under Fire: Heroes
No bonus costumes, but what’s there looks really damn good. Very arty.
100% chance of GET!

X-Men II: Rise of Apocalypse
Apparently you have access to several variants of the X-men’s costumes. I really wish I was into superheroes like I once was.
02% chance of GET!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 06
Laugh all you want, but putting together a stylish outfit before hitting the links is fun, fun, fun.
20% chance of GET!


UPDATE: Modified some text above. If you care about that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger