tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I’m a member of S.T.A.R.S.


I have to admission to make. I’ve been a Claire Redfield fan for quite some time. The moment she came out guns blazing in Resident Evil 2, I was sure there could be no other lady of survival horror for me.

To me, Jill Valentine had been kind of a whiny brat who could pick locks if she had the right tools. Things first began to change with her appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. She had a spunky attitude with memorable battle quotes, and the anime-ish rendition of her outfit was super sweet. Then the Resident Evil remake for the GameCube came out and the master of unlocking exuded a new, sexier aura. She had, um, filled out her uniform more and had two additional knock out outfits. One was sort of a Sarah Connor, green tank top/baseball cap/sunglasses/army pants number that I would rate in the neighborhood of 8.5. The third was her outfit from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Let me be clear though, when RE3 first came out, I hated that ensemble. The generic blue strapless “thing” with a blah skirt and a (gasp) sweater tied around her waste. I understand she was off-duty and probably on her way to a picnic or something, but c’mon! Still, Jill somehow managed to make that lousy outfit work in the GameCube game.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Then I saw Resident Evil Apocalypse. If you want my purely movie related thoughts, go here. Long story short, I avoided watching it since I didn’t care at all for the first one and this second one had Jill in her least flattering outfit. As evidenced by the GameCube remake, even drab outfits can be elevated by how one wears it. Sienna Guillory was made to fill Ms. Valentine’s shoes. Her body is nearly identical to the character model with one important exception…Ms. Guillory’s luxurious hips. That is the element that finally redeems the “picnic” get up. Even so, I wouldn’t mind if they retired that outfit altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger