tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Monday, December 27, 2010

Back in the day

Things younger me was better at than I am now:

Basketball. My 14-year-old self, only an inch or two shorter but a fair bit skinnier, would kick my ass at the moment. He was a good basketballer, could control the ball well and was creative approaching the basket. Could also hit a jump shot, which I today found out I can't really do anymore.

Risk. My 20-year-old self was a super sharp Risk player. I'd like to think I'd get back into it pretty quickly, but the younger me was pretty good at the strategies. I won more often than not.

Soccer. This is a bit different because I probably have a better understanding of the game now, but my skill level and fitness were higher when I was about 22. That was also the year I did my knee.

Guitar. When I was about 16 I played guitar heaps. I wasn't that great, but I got on okay. I haven't played in a long time and my fingers do not remember the fretboard quite as well.


Now, of course, I'm a better writer than I was. And a better organiser. I'm not entirely sure what 27-year-old me will do better than future me. Hopefully not too much because I would like to keep improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger