tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Blu-ray = more costume texture storage?


I mentioned in my other blog that I was most likely passing on a PlayStation 3 till the price comes down or there are enough “I can’t live without” games out.

It amazes me that a good number of the launch PS3 games already come close to using up all 25GBs on single-sided Blu-ray discs, and yes claim the developers, that is with compression in effect. That means it’s supposedly all additional data, especially for texture and effects.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
For clothes, does that mean we will see a level of detail impossible on other systems? Not exactly. That sort of thing depends more on the guts of the console more than the storage capacity of the discs, but the point is moot since the PS3 does feature some fancier abilities in that regard anyway.

More developer interviews are popping up as we get closer to launch, so I’ll be looking for any details in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger