tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Thursday, June 2, 2005

Alternate reality costumes


It’s not very game related, but these Evangelion figures in a Japanese prize machine caught my eye (and yen!). I love playing the various UFO catcher (similar to the crane contraptions here) and pseudo-skill machines when I’m in Japan since the prizes usually aren’t too hard to win. The game I played had a wheel like the one from Price is Right. You had three spins to try and get a total of five points. Hitting that mark let go of a prize. I should have known something was fishy right from the start when the prize racks were completely full—usually a dead giveaway that the machine is tough or impossible to beat. Plus they let you continue if you have one or more points still left. Surely a shady way to keep you pumping more dough into a losing gambit.

The coolness of the figures totally blinded me though until I got close to the 2000 yen mark (roughly $17) and decided this was a total waste. I really should have quit after 3 tries and looked for the items on eBay later (you can easily find them by searching for Evangelion Special Mission). The combination of Eva figures and the SWAT-like gear and guns was too irressistable...at the time.

The funny thing is that I didn’t purchase them on eBay once I returned. The fever of the moment passed apparently. Evangelion is known for shamelessly pimping out its characters to any form its fans will buy. Shameless until they hit a combination that hits your particular buttons of course. Someone needs to put the DOA girls in some SWAT outfits. Money in the bank baby. Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger