tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Thursday, August 13, 2009

...in space!

Something happened last night to make me laugh and laugh and laugh. I also cried, but that was before the laughing. I will explain.Shaun and I were talking about TV shows, specifically how much Kings rocked the proverbial house, and how sad it will be that there will never be a second season... oh... oh, I just got sad again. Shaun asked the question whether it would have been better that Kings never existed, so that we never knew what we had lost. I had to say no, if only because it gave us proof that Ian McShane could act in something besides Deadwood. But anyway, besides the second season of Kings offering us more than I could have hoped for, besides my love for Thomasina, besides the dark power of the Queen, besides the wonder of King Silas, something made me laugh a lot last night.

Okay, get ready.

There is a show, that has already aired in America, and it was pitched to the network like this:

"It's like Grey's Anatomy... but in space."

That was enough to set me off. I mean, trying to think of ways to extend the popularity of Grey's Anatomy was bad enough, but to think that putting it in space is the answer?? Hilarious.

But! It gets better!

I was trying to think of the perfect name, and couldn't get close, until Shaun found it on the internet. The TV show is called:

Defying Gravity

YES. YES. That is atrociously terrible and hopelessly awesome all at once. You can see the cast here, and read about it on the Wikipedia page. But wait!

Yes, this group of four men and four women travel on this space ship, wearing libido suppression devices. Of course! Completely necessary. In a show that relies on Unresolved Sexual Tension, let's remove that completely! Only for it to (INEVITABLY) malfunction at some point.Who knows? Perhaps this WILL turn out to be a huge hit, and everyone will scramble to remake other TV shows in space. 30 Rock... In Space? The Office... In Space? Lost...In Space? Hmm, that last one could work. Orrr, perhaps they'll try to recreate Grey's Anatomy again. Shaun and I think Grey's Anatomy... ON A DESERTED ISLAND would probably actually work.

Oh wow - read this quote:
The series involves a crew whose mission is to study the solar system but who soon find out that there's a mysterious, secondary agenda; strange things start happening onboard. Ron Livingston's Maddux Donner, commander of the spaceship, is thrust into a romantic triangle when he joins up and finds two ex-girlfriends on board.
HA! HIS NAME IS MADDUX. AND HIS EXES ARE ON BOARD.

Okay, so maybe it was more hilarious to me last night. But I still kind of can't believe this show has actually been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger