tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Carbon emissions solved!

Guys, I'm sorry. It turns out someone has already discovered Darthvaderite.

This is what I said the other day:
What if (call me crazy) there was a reliable energy source that did not pump out carbon? An energy source that was cheap, reliable, and available? One that could be adapted to our current energy infrastructure without a dramatic initial cost?

Well it turns out someone has already figured that one out! It's not terribly cheap, but it's incredibly reliable, available, and can be adapted to our energy infrastructure very easily.

It's nuclear power! I can't believe I didn't even think of it! They've been using it in Europe for 60 years without a problem (except for when the Russians decided it would be a good idea to staff one of their nuclear plants with one janitor and a trained monkey). It's safe, reliable, and get this - has NO CARBON EMISSIONS!!! I cannot see anyone having a problem with this. Safer and cleaner than coal. No one could argue against it!

There. Problem solved! Although I would still like to see someone develop a new energy source, so the Big Competition idea should still be a goer.

Heh, yeah, I know... people don't like nuclear power for some reason. "Imagine if it exploded" etc. Cos gas and coal are known for their non-explosive properties. But seriously. Why not nuclear power? What are the arguments against it as opposed to coal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger