tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Friday, March 19, 2010

When I get that feeling, I want...

...electoral healing.

Yes! An election today! Finally!

My prediction is 10 Labor, 10 Liberal, 5 Green. It will depend on how well the Greens go in Denison if they get six seats, which I think would come at the expense of the Libs, rather than Labor. That said, it's hard to know just how much on the nose Labor has become. There will be a swing against Labor, but who knows if it will mean enough for the Libs to win the 13 seats they need. Remember, they're only starting with seven. And two of the sitting members are retiring at this election (Michael Hodgman in Denison and Sue Napier in Basas). So effectively the Libs has five people with the kind of name-recognition they need. My old housemate Dr Harry has been doing some polling with his year nine students, so check out what he thinks. I'm working the night shift tonight, talking to the winners and losers in Lyons. Should be interesting.
----------------
So I finally finished Friday Night Lights season 4. And yes, Wallace from the Wire shows up (and D'Angelo Barksdale!!). That show delivers quality on a nightly basis. With one final season to go, I'm intrigued as to how it's going to end. They've managed some cast transitions pretty well, which has been good. It starts on DirecTV on June 30, I think.
-----------------
Other TV news, 30 Rock is having the season of its life so far. Every new episode feels like a high water mark. If you haven't got into this show, or had a crack at it and didn't enjoy it, maybe try again.

Also, Mad Men season 3 is really good. So much of the show is about what is not being said, what is not being done. It's a bit like The Wire in that way. Anyway, I'm five episodes in. I'm a little bit spoiled about some things that happen, but I don't know details. Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to it.
------------------
And just in case you haven't seen this - the 30 Worst Album Covers Of All Time. Some of these are new ones that I haven't seen before, so that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger