tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some writing about some blogs

Blogs on my Google Reader list that haven't been updated in ages.
Lay Down Your Weary Tune
Miss Field
postSupportMike
It's a blog.
Just Emi
Shaun's Eyes

What happened to them? Are the blogs dead? Who knows. But I enjoyed reading them once.

I really appreciate it when Nick and Bron update. They provide honest and interesting posts, and I like reading them. Writers should be partially judged on whether people like reading them - in my opinion, anyway. Some people think writers should be judged on their content, which is definitely true. But to me, being able to write means you know how to convey information. And having great content but making it impossible to understand is not what it means to be a writer. So yes, Nick and Bron are good at this blog game.

I just randomly discovered this blog, on Jolly's blog roll. It's called The Procrastinatrix. She writes well. I really liked the post on Ben Folds, because I love Ben Folds (his version of Bitches Ain't S*** is the catchiest, most explicit, misogynist, ridiculous, awesome rap song ballad you've heard). But I especially liked this post on finding clothes for curvy women. Having sisters and a girlfriend and female friends, I am aware of the dilemmas. It's not easy. I come from the opposite spectrum, so as a man who has no hips, I constantly struggle to find shorts that will stay up without using a belt (and really, who uses a belt with shorts...). Anyway, have a read, see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger