tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MAJOR LINKAGE

"Do you have any cool sites to visit?"
"I'm insulted! Of course I do. I'm leaving. Good links, sir."
"But I just..."
"I SAID GOOD LINKS."
-------------------------------------
- Good article from Slate about why newspapers aren't doing as badly as you think. And makes a mention of how a lot of online analysis of newspapers is based more in hope than on fact.
- A growing number of divorced or single mothers are choosing to move interstate to be with men they met on the internet, causing problems for the children's father(s).
- This is how I think a lot of people feel about Mac users. "Go back to your house. I know, you've got an iHouse. The walls are brushed aluminum. There's a glowing Apple logo on the roof. And you love it there. You absolute monster."
- Some great stuff happens when you put geeks and mountains of geeky data in a room together. With some Doritos. And Mountain Dew.
- I don't know anything about New Zealand's Next Top Model, but what I do know, I learned here.

Three good TimesOnline articles
- What it feels like to grow up with prostitutes. An English woman tells of growing up in a house where her mum rented rooms to ladies of the night.
- How gangs in the UK are learning tactics from The Wire. Great read.
- The story of a sex worker in the poorest suburb of Calcutta. Not graphic, but kinda painful to read.

Never let anyone say I don't give the good links! Especially if you like being informed about interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger