tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Monday, November 30, 2009

And it was not your fault but mine

Artists I have discovered in the past year or so:
(Not personally - I didn't find them playing in a coffee shop and sign them to a lucrative contract. I just first heard them in the past year or so. So I hope that's clarified).

Death Cab For Cutie (Transatlanticism and I Will Follow You Into The Dark)
Holly Throsby (Now I Love Someone and Warm Jets)
Sia (Little Black Sandals)
Laura Marling (Ghosts and Night Terrors)
The Gossip (Heavy Cross)
Mumford and Sons (Little Lion Man and Awake My Soul)
Jessica Mauboy (Burn and Because)
Tegan and Sara (On Directing)
Girl Talk (Still Here and Here's The Thing, but really, the whole album because it's a mixtape)

Credit to Mak for most of them, Dooda for Mumford and Sons, and me for the poppy ones.

I've discovered other artists in the past year too - I really enjoy Lil Wayne and T.I. - but I've covered them in detail here before. And I'm still enjoying Jay-Z and Kanye. Looking forward to more from Lupe Fiasco, and thinking about trying Drake and Young Jeezy.

Anyway, have a listen to some and browse around their other songs on YouTube and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger