tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Monday, July 20, 2009

Argh

As I write this, England need one wicket to win the Second Test at Lords. Flintoff has decided to be a bowler again.

It's frustrating. As I mentioned before, it's very annoying when teams do crap-all for years, and then randomly lift their game and sneak a win. Flintoff hasn't taken five wickets in an innings in four years. Yep, since the last Ashes series. He was a useless captain in Australia, got drunk at the Twenty20 World Cup, and has generally not been playing.

Then, against Australia, he decides to fire. Sure, England have got a lot of help from the umpires this innings. I counted three wrong decisions yesterday. And Mitchell Johnson hasn't helped by being really bad. But Flintoff has the ability to inspire England.

And that's what really hurts Australia. We play our best when England are suffering in their own self doubts. When Flintoff plays well they seem to forget all about that and play like real cricketers.

I really hope we can sort out our bowling. I've been going on about Hilfy for so long I should be paid to be his PR man. And the idiots were going to play Brett Lee instead. That said, I would rather Lee than Johnson at the moment. Anyway, Hilfy has been great, and I'm glad people are finally realising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger