tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Persona non gratis

My online persona is different to my real life persona. Which, in turn, is different to my actual self. I portray different versions of myself to different groups of people.

Some might find that weird, others will recognise it for what it is - completely normal. You would be silly to think you're exactly the same with everyone in your life. Old school friends, workmates, guys from your sporting club, friends of your wife or girlfriend, relatives, in-laws, your bosses, your children, church friends, friends from a previous job, friends from uni, friends who you only see in very specific circumstances (eg, on a night out). You present differently to all of them, depending on what you expect from them, what they expect from you, and how comfortable you are in their company.

I have all of those groups of friends (and more), and each of them would know a slightly different version of Angus. Who knows the real one? Well...

Online, I reckon my persona is something a little bit like this:Plus some of this:A bit of this:Some of this:And a good bunch of this:Oh, and a little bit of this:
Heh.

Anyway, what's your online persona?? Anything dramatically different from your own personal life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger