tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Went through whisky straight - no Chaser

I haven't seen it - I've only seen the reaction.

But last night's Chaser skit, where they made fun of Make-A-Wish Australia, will hopefully spell something like the end of the Chaser's popularity.

I've watched a fair bit of the Chaser in my time. And I've laughed at a lot of their stunts. But! Rarely have I ever laughed at any of their skits. They lack imagination and go for the obvious punchline Every. Single. Time. The stunts, on the other hand, have shock value on their side. I especially liked the ones they did with politicians. But that said, quite often the stunt was an obvious one. The humour came from a) the fact it was being done at all, and b) the degree to which the Chaser guys pursued it.

I'm sure the guys are funny in person. And they're probably full of hilarious stories and funny anecdotes. But, and I say this fully understanding the gravity of my words:

I would rather watch Comedy Inc than the Chaser right now.

I know. I KNOW. But it's true. The Comedy Inc writers showed more invention and the predilection to go for something less obvious than the Chaser writers. The ratings for the Chaser are still high, thanks to the 3000 or so ratings boxes we have in this country (out of 22 million people). Hopefully they'll continue in their dull fashion for the rest of the series, and that'll be the end of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger