tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Money, Cash, Hose

Things I am going to miss out on while I'm away at Ningaloo Reef:

- Several games of soccer.
- The Champions League Final between Manchester United and Barcelona.
- The Eurovision Song Contest.

This will be the second year in a row I've missed the Eurovision. It's sad, because I've been a loyal supporter of the event. As for the Champions League Final, it should be a great game. Man U are an amazing attacking force; ruthless and talented. But Barcelona have scored almost 150 goals this season, and play beautiful football. I'm tipping United to win 2-1.

Also, did you know that in order to pay for the budget handed down last night, Australia will owe $9billion a year in interest repayments alone? That's just the interest. All of the taxes I will ever pay in my lifetime would not equal anything like the amount of money needed to pay off one year's interest. That said, if someone offers me a job where my taxes would be enough to pay off that interest in a year, I'd take it.

Hmmm.... what sort of job would you be willing to do for $20 billion a year? Would you kill some people? Would you run a Taliban torture camp? Would you be a rugby league player? You could do a lot of good with $20 billion.

And finally, Jon Stewart tries to smack some sense into the people arguing about Miss California. He makes some very good points. Also, "Perez Hilton douche" gets 50,000 hits on Google. Sadly, I think that number is a bit low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger