tattoos
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Saturday, December 20, 2008

#87 World's Smallest Christmas tree


"Complete with presents and little girl, the artwork measures just a fraction of a millimetre in size and is covered in crushed diamonds to give the effect of lighting.

The tree, made from tiny fragments of nylon was created by Birmingham sculptor Willard Wigan who carved the little figure from a flake of cable tie.

Mr Wigan then painted his Christmas scene with a hair from a dead fly as he peered through a microscope.

The incredible work of art is part of a touring exhibition of the artist's "micro sculptures", now showing in Nottingham.
.
Mr Wigan said: "I have to work between heart beats. Just the movement of my pulse can destroy the work. "I have to hold my breath while I work so I don't inhale them. It can take weeks and weeks to make just one piece at times because I work so slowly.

"It's the smallest things that matter. Perhaps that is something to ponder during Christmas."

via the telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger